Click on the photos to see more.
As I reflect upon 2016, I am immensely grateful for the memories, support and inspiration. It's been a year of 'firsts', from opening my shop to participating in my first in-person pop-up. I've grown personally and through my business. A special 'thank you' to everyone who let me weave for them - you all made me crazy! But also brought out a really great side of me. I've been so inspired this year and this small business has opened up opportunities to meet other amazing makers. I wish everyone the opportunity to engage in a community full of passionate, matter-driven people. Watching others care so deeply about something and using their creativity to accomplish what they set out to do is amazing. The world needs more "do-ers".
Some highlights from this year:
- h o u s e \\ w e a v i n g online launched in June
- The Pacific Ocean Collection accumulated 12 pieces, of which one was on display at ZGF's Makers Exhibit fall of 2016
- I had numerous commissions this year with beautiful stories that allowed me to weave memories and it personally inspired me to live each day with intention and hold great memories close
- My first online pop-up The Handmade Pop-Up was super fun and I met a handful of wonderful maker ladies that I keep in touch with constantly <3
- I had a custom loom (4' wide by 7'+ tall) made and wove my first xxl piece. I'll be weaving this loom all day, every day if you need to know where to find me. Tag: I n d i g o
- I participated in my first in-person pop-up called Pop Up Shop PDX and again, met so many wonderful makers.
- Lastly, I ended 2016 with so much passion and excitement for this coming year. Stay tuned for all the good things to come!